Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lights, Camera, Lopez!

By Elder Lopez
  
"To err is human"
-The king guy, I can't remember his name...



To answer your question, yes,
it is THAT epic
Right on! I get to talk about my people! "You're ancestors were Aztec or Mayan?" Well... No... "Wait, then what ar-" My people! The Lamanites! "Laman-whats? You come from a people who were lame? I'm sorry to hear that..." Wha-? NO! LAMANITES, they are a people from the Book of Mormon! "Oh... alright..." See, the Aztecs, Mayans, and all those folk all share ancestry with the Lamanites. Well, if you do or do not already know, Christ visited the ancient inhabitants of the Americas and ministered unto them. It's really quite Awesome! to put it so very eloquently. "Of course. So... The Road to El Dorado?" Oh yea right. 
Well in the aforementioned movie, the main characters find themselves among an ancient American people whom we are gonna say are Aztec for all intents and purposes. (If I'm wrong, well... If you wanna hear about another instance of Lamanites in movies, click here!) Now the people believed the main characters (I don't remember their names, give me a break) to be Gods due to a series of VERY fortunate events which involved the stopping of a volcano's mighty eruption! 
Even in history, when the conquistadors came to the Americas, they were for the most part very well received due to the fact that the natives thought they were Gods. "I'm not seeing where this is going." Hold up, I'm getting there. So the natives told these Spainish (I know how I spelled it, get it? Spainish? from Spain?) explorers that they have been waiting for men of fair skin (white skin, I don't know, don't ask) with beards and shining clothes (their armor) to return to them for a second time. Now this is where it starts to get crazy. How would they have known about these strangers if they hadn't before beheld men such as these? "Your grammar is improving." Yea I found a dictionary the other day. The answer to that question dear reader, is because they already saw one before! Cue dramatic music! DUH-DUH-DUH!!!

Bible and the Book of Mormon,
Like PB&J
"Are you saying that the man they saw the first time was Christ? And that's why the ancient inhabitants believed Cortez and the others to be Christ and his angels?" N- actually... that's exactly what I meant... "Well you know, after a while you start to piece things together." True. "That's a little far-fetched though. I mean it says nothing like that in the history books or the Bible." Oh but it does Dear Reader! John 10:16 says,
"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be onefold, and one shepherd."

"Huh, that is pretty crazy." But that's not all! "It's not?" Cause in 3 Nephi 15:21 it says...!
"And verily I say unto you, that ye are they of whom I said: Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

Mind you this is Christ Himself speaking to the inhabitants of the Americas. It's actually a good couple of chapters (11-16 cough cough), you should give it a looksee. The blond main character's name is Julio! I remember! "Wow, random but alright, but can you remember the other guys name?" Sigh... This is gonna be a long night...

No comments:

Post a Comment